Re: [LAU] Too many xruns

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2012 - 17:41:29 EEST

On Thu, September 6, 2012 2:07 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/06/12 07:28, Len Ovens wrote:
>> Be aware that putting: snd-ice1712 snd
>> will put all that other stuff on irq 16 between your ice and your
>> internal
>> card and you may wish to explicitly make them lower.
>
> I thought that rtirq looks at softirqs and not at hardware IRQs. So if
> the order in rtirq is snd_ice1712 snd then only snd_ice1712 gets a
> higher prio and all the other devices on the hardware IRQ get the
> default prio (which is 50). The next item in the list (snd) gets a prio
> below snd_ice1712 of which the step is defined by RTIRQ_PRIO_DECR
> (default is 5). If there are multiple snd devices they get a prio below
> the first snd device with steps of 1.
> Maybe this behavior has changed with the most recent version of rtirq,
> haven't tried it.

I'm on the wrong machine just now, but I found when I specify usb3 and
then usb strange things happen. My comment was check what the changes to
the script do, it is not always what is expected. On this machine it is
pretty good. my config line is firewire snd usb3 usb i8042
I'm not sure why I left it this way actually as I do not use FW... I think
I have the port turned off in bios. Anyway, the usb ports are priority 75
and 74 and i8042 are 70 and 69... not 5 apart. On the netbook it is even
stranger.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net