Re: [LAU] Too many xruns

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2012 - 18:48:30 EEST

On 6 September 2012 at 9:50, "S. Massy" <lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:17:36PM -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to record on a new system, and I'm getting xruns. My
> > old system produced no xruns.
> >
> > The problem system runs:
> >
> > Fedora 17
> > Kernel 3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64
> > Ardour 2.8.14
> > JACK 1.9.8
> > Intel i7, 16GB RAM, SATA 6Gb/s drives
> >
> > My user ID is a member of the "jackuser" group.
> >
> > Jack is running as:
> >
> > /usr/bin/jackd \
> > -T -ndefault -p 256 -R -P 60 -T -d alsa -n 2 -r 48000 -p 1024 -d hw:2,0
> >
> > In 43 minutes I've had almost 6700 xruns.
>
> Other replies cover most of the bases, but I'll throw this in, though
> it's a long shot. Do you have any active network traffic going on

Not during the time of xruns.

> (especially wifi)?

The KDE desktop taskbar area has a wifi network icon on it, which
says that there's no connection. But, I don't have a wifi capability
in this computer. That's confusing to me, like maybe a driver got
loaded but can't find any hardware to access.

> Is your system using any binary/proprietary drivers?

nVidia, for the ASUS GeForce GT 520 card.

> I have had some nasty experiences with a wifi interface using
> the proprietary Broadcom driver interfering with audio work in
> an obscure manner.

I'll see if I can figure out what the wifi kernel module, for the
card I don't have, might be, and see if blacklisting it helps.

Thanks!

--
Kevin