Re: [LAU] matrix mixer?

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2012 - 17:28:01 EEST

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Neil C Smith <neil@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The AudioMulch matrix mixer is far more than just connect / disconnect
> though. The controllable fade time is a useful and powerful feature.
>
> [OT] I have to say AudioMulch is the one piece of software I miss from
> my Windows days!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Neil
>
> --

I could probably just run Audiomulch under wine, as I still have a
license. I'd rather avoid adding wine to the mix if possible though.

I really like the Acousmodules Accumatrix as well, as it also has
independent gains for each switch in a 16x16 matrix. But again, I
don't really want to introduce windows binaries into the system.

Lorenzo's work looks interesting. Ideally, something like that as an
LV2 plugin is the tool I'm after.

That being said, I've set up PureData to work with two Launchpads
acting as an 8*16 matrix controller and it so far is working
acceptably with jack_connect and jack_disconnect.