Re: [LAU] droning152 & droning153

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2012 - 13:44:35 EEST

Am 15.09.2012 08:16, schrieb Louigi Verona:
> Thanks!
>
> Making up a method to make them is very often what I do most of the time! ;)
> For instance, in 153 I used petri-foo to make the texture which sounds like
> low percussion. What I did was open a sample open dialog and then clicked
> on various marimba samples. Petri-foo has an "auto-preview" function, so
> clicking on a sample played it. I recorded it to kluppe and then duplicated
> the recorded loop there and used the loop shifting technique to make the
> texture evolve. Of course, passed it through some effects and stuff.
> So making a tune is often what a composer like myself has to invent, rather
> than notes and melodies. You come up with a method to get interesting
> sounds and then observe what happens.

Reads like a happy 100th birthday John Cage kind of thing ;-)

Listening to 152 I hear an interesting aspect: some kind of well...
"lively" slowness wich is quite new to me since I use to hear stuff like
Suno)))) or Ufomammut in the drone-domain, that have a strong tendency
to sculpt expression out of darker aspects of slowness (having a track
called "Bloodswamp" may sum up what I try t say ;-) )

You, somehow manage it to sculpt expression out of harmony without
becoming kitsch, very interesting!
Anyhow I miss some bass in it but this may be an effect of my equipment
(using a pair of Tannoy Reveal midfield active 2-way monitors)

Thanks for sharing!

best regards

HZN