Re: [LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

From: jy <jypllx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 18 2012 - 20:52:30 EEST

2012/9/18 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>

> On Tuesday 18 September 2012, you wrote:
> > 2012/9/18 jy <jypllx@email-addr-hidden>
> >
> > > Hi Pedro,
> > >
> > > This turned out to be a great idea. With a live USB stick of
> > > ubuntustudio, my keyboard works out of the box !!!
> > > Checked the modules and snd-seq-midi is present with the live USB
> > > stick.
> > >
> > > Rebooted without the live USB stick and I can now confirm that
> > > snd-seq-midi is missing whereas it shouldn't be.
> > >
> > > How can i get it back ?
> >
> > I'm figuring reinstalling the 3.2.0-23-lowlatency-pae kernel... :-/
> > Am I correct ?
>
> Well, yes, I guess. But I'm not an ubuntu/debian user and I don't know the
> best way to do so.

I installed another kernel: 3.2.0-23-lowlatency (not pae). Keyboard works
out of the box and snd-seq-midi loads perfectly.

> Another question is: how could it happen in the first place?

I guess some tweaking with the audio configuration. Maybe the installation
of my audio drivers since it's the only audio-related operation I did since
the install.

> Was there an
> accident while/after the installation? Or maybe a disk malfunction?

Nope nothing like this....

> I would
> try to check the filesystem before trying any other repair.

Well since the new kernel solved everything, I think I'm gonna be allright
now. I'll do a disk check though. It's a good idea.

I'm also gonna reinstall 3.2.0-23-lowlatency-pae kernel and see if the
problem remains...

> Regards,
> Pedro

Thanks a lot to all of you, you pointed the right direction :)
I always love when the community effort is rewarded with a big SOLVED in
the title of thread

I'll keep you posted about the 3.2.0-23-lowlatency-pae reinstall !

Cheers and thanks

jy