Re: [LAU] sync jack as slave to external mtc or mmc

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 22:52:10 EEST

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 15:06 -0400, Tim E. Real wrote:
> Midi sync clock output on the other hand, is a bit weaker at the
> moment.
> It should work, but sync output needs some fixing for accuracy and
> timing,
> best results may be with the ALSA devices instead of Jack midi
> devices.

Use Jack2 ex 1.9.8 with the alsarawmidi driver, unfortunately missing
for the Ubuntu Studio Precise package, but jack2 is easy to compile and
other distros, e.g. Arch include it.

Example: jackd --sync -Xalsarawmidi -dalsa -r48000 -p256

"alsarawmidi" is the only way on my machine to get hard real-time, aka
zero jitter, at least in the past. At the moment, perhaps regarding to
new kernels or new video drivers, my Linux are broken regarding to audio
productions.