Re: [LAU] ALSA - JACK via loopback device

From: Joakim Hernberg <jbh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 23 2012 - 18:11:44 EEST

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 16:51:34 +0200
Sebastian Rose <s.rose@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Silly: yes. But if I want to use Flashplayer and Skype at the same
> time and don't want to use different soundcards (quite a recording
> hassle for podcast production, for example) and use a decent audio
> interface with a good microphone, I'm stuck with this choice.

Here is what I'm using very successfully to run kde, skype and some
games over jack/hdsp instead of the built in intel-hda. It was written
by falktx, of kxstudio fame.

It comes in three parts:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/879835/.asoundrc
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/879835/jacklib.py
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/879835/aloop-daemon.py

It actually makes audio on my system a dream to work with, and allows
me to route it around as I wish. One could conceivably create even
more loopback devices for specific apps, but this has worked great so
far.

--
   Joakim