Re: [LAU] Ninja Step 2012

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2012 - 14:00:10 EEST

Hi Carlos!

> Hi Dan.
>
> Nice and retro-style tune.

Thanks for listening!

> As usual, I'm interested on the process of creation, what's your
> approach designing sounds,

I was a bit vague on synthesis until I recently read Fred Welsh's
synth cookbook which definitely clarified a number of things for me
and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their sound design
skills. I have written a guide on how to use Fred's book if you are a
Linux user which you can read here:

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9914

There could well be some equally good but free synthesis guides on the
web but I decided just to buy this book after reading its many rave
reviews and recomendations.

> and how do you configure and tweak samplv1,
> for example.

I did next to no tweaking or config of samplv1 in this track- just
made sure my samples were correctly edited and pitched. I've yet to
try any of samplv1's FX or automation features yet.

All the best,

Dan