Re: [LAU] How to use zita-ajbridge?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 02 2012 - 00:06:54 EEST

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 05:46:59AM -0700, Grant wrote:

> I'm a Gentoo user and I'm hoping someone can point me toward info on
> how to use zita-ajbridge? I'd like to send all audio from my laptop
> to netjack without individually configuring each app for jack.

That is not what zita-ajbridge is meant to do. It is used to connect
additional alsa devices (sound cards, not applications) to Jack.

For what you want to do:

* If at all possible, configure your apps to use Jack. If some
  app can't do that consider using a different one.

* Use ALSA's Jack plugin, this makes Jack appear to an app as
  an ALSA sound card. Not all apps will be able to use it, if
  they can't they are badly designed and you should file a bug
  report.

Ciao,

--
FA