Re: [LAU] keeping same perceived level on mp3 files

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 06 2012 - 14:08:43 EEST

On 10/05/2012 09:13 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Fons!

>> Do you just want to adjust the loudness between multiple files?
>> (this means there is just a constant gain for every file so the they
>> are similar on average)
>> Or do you also want to change the loudness inside one track?

Not sure what you mean. I don't to change the internal volume of each
track. Basically I just want to avoid that when I program the levels of
the patches on my hardware synth, I later (on stage or rehearsing with
the band) realize that on some songs my synth is too loud and on some
songs it's to soft.

I tried it on a couple of files:

atte@email-addr-hidden:~/music/bands/eldorado/mp3$ ls *.wav | xargs -iarg ebur128 arg
Integrated loudness: 13.7 LU
Loudness range: 3.8 LU
Integrated loudness: 13.0 LU
Loudness range: 2.2 LU
Integrated loudness: 6.0 LU
Loudness range: 3.6 LU
Integrated loudness: 10.8 LU
Loudness range: 4.5 LU
Integrated loudness: 12.9 LU
Loudness range: 3.2 LU

Ok, so it seems the third file is softer than the rest, which is very
true. But how do I interpret those values, and how do I call sox for a
gain adjustment?

Sorry for being stupid...

--
Atte