Re: [LAU] Remix

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2012 - 23:26:33 EEST

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:10:08 -0400
"S. Massy" <lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:56:53PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> > I don't seem to be able to get involved in the music side of things much these
> > days - too much work and not enough free time :(
> >
> > However, here is a revision of a very old, lazy chill-out tune of mine. It is
> > now 100% yoshimi.
> >
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Dreamer.ogg
> Always a delight to hear from you, Will. Wonderful as ever, except for a
> few very minor criticisms:
> - The sound beginning at 01:02 in the left channel is too dry and
> doesn't fit with the rest of the soundscape.
> - The sound beginning at 01:27, which sweeps the stereo image back and
> forth, moves too fast for my taste, disrupting some of the calmness: I
> should like it to sweep half as fast, or thereabouts.
> That's it. I *really* like the choir-like pad.
>
> Cheers,
> S.M.

Thanks for listening, and for your comments.

That sound is 'Steel Wire'. I very much like it, but it is a bit wild and
difficult to tame - It never sounds quite the same twice! Later on in the piece
it seems like there is more reverb on it, but actually it hasn't changed.

I'll have another look at that stereo sweep. It was done manually from my MIDI
keyboard, and listening on headphones I think during editing I actually managed
to get it out of time with the 'instrument'.

The Choir sound is 'Soft Choir' and 'Rushes', played together but on separate
tracks and with some very slight timing and velocity differences.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk