Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 21:20:23 EEST

I thought the article was pretty good overall - albeit a little negative, but
the music creation industry as a whole (if there is such a thing) rather misses
the point.

While it is nice to have lots of different apps, plugins, whatever, I think you
find most musicians quickly settle on a very small range which they get to know
extremely well. They will then only very slowly add an odd item here and there,
so rather than quantity, the main emphasis should be compatibility. My
experience on other platforms is extremely limited, but I think Linux doesn't
do too bad, although I agree that the jack1/2 situation really needs sorting.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk