Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 23:25:18 EEST

@Patrick:

"The problem with that approach is that it tends to feed the negative
attitude towards Linux and that is exactly what the "competition" want."

There is no competition, Patrick. Windows Audio does not compete with
Linux Audio. Only if in our minds. And thus they do not want anything.

There is no Windows Audio community, there is a Linux Audio community.
We try to compete with them. They do not compete with us.

Also, talking positive will not solve things. I see little value in
promoting Linux Audio,
for instance, for my electronic musician friends - I have to honestly tell
them that
making the kind of music they do is not easy on Linux. I like it and I am
doing it,
but I would not advertise Linux Audio as comparable to Windows Audio since
it is
simply not true.