Re: [LAU] Too many xruns

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2012 - 00:22:34 EEST

On Thu, October 11, 2012 10:58 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 05:53 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>> The driver "works", I just can't set my resolution as high as I'd
>> like, and I haven't figured out to use both displays. I really
>> like two displays with ardour, one hosting the main window and
>> one containing the mixer window.
>
> The nouveau driver should work with xrandr. You could install arandr and
> have it create a little shell script for you. You can then run this
> script at login.

I have had no problem with the nouveau driver and ArandR. I found that the
commands with xrandr to set one screen to the side of another didn't work
for me I would have to tell xrandr where in pixels I wanted it to be
located.
If you are using an XFCE desktop, the display applet in settings can be
used to "save" what is set up in Arandr/xrandr... but it will loose the
save if you start the session with one of the monitors unplugged/off.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net