Re: [LAU] Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

From: Mark Kendrick <aeetos@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2012 - 16:26:47 EEST

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 07:46 AM, Mark Kendrick wrote:
>>
>> I restarted my system-level dbus-daemon, and jackd started right up.
>> It shouldn't be too tough now to script that so it's always running
>> when the device starts.
>

> Hello Mark,
>
> With device you mean a Raspberry Pi?

Yep, with a Raspberry Pi.

My goal is to mix eight audio sources on a capture server and prepare
a low-latency two-channel stream to be played back on a USB device
connected to a Raspberry Pi. I want to have a single capture server
with powerful hardware and multiple Raspberry Pi's as playback
devices. Not sure how close to that I'll get, but this seems like a
good start and perhaps useful in it's own right.

-- Mark