Re: [LAU] Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

From: Mark Kendrick <aeetos@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2012 - 19:19:07 EEST

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM, <jeremy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> On 10/23/2012 04:12 PM, Mark Kendrick wrote:

>>> Correct, with Arch, but the Arch for the Raspberry PI. This is my
>>> first time with Arch, and I had to figure out how to drive their
>>> package manager, but once I got that sorted things went pretty
>>> smoothly.
>>>

>> Ok, then I hope it works with Raspbian too. My experience with Arch was
>> short, it's not my kind of distro.
>>
>>> I should note that this is with a USB audio device, not the built-in
>>> audio hardware. It should work okay with the built-in hardware, since
>>> it's still Jack-to-Alsa, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>>

>> I want to use a similar set-up, as I need inputs (I'd like to run
>> Guitarix on my RPi).
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

> It doesn't work. I already don't get any D-Bus related errors when starting JACK
> without the mods. I get the infamous bus error and that's it. Guess it's getting
> time to put Arch on my RPi.

Ah yes, The Bus Error. Odd that it still persists. For what it's
worth, that's accompanied by a bunch of kernel messages about memory
alignment if you look at dmesg or kern.log. Regardless, the only way I
got around it was with Arch. I suspect it will be worked out by
someone soon under Raspian but it's not there yet.

--Mark