Re: [LAU] Hardware Midi from Wine

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 16:12:53 EEST

> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:22:54 -0500
> From: brent@email-addr-hidden
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: [LAU] Hardware Midi from Wine
>
> Up until now, I've never really done much with Midi in emulated Windows
> apps because I haven't needed them, but recently I acquired a copy of
> SoundDiver 3 for Windows from just before Apple killed them (jerks!).
> It's widely regarded as the only Midi patch librarian/editor for
> hardware synths that ever actually worked.

You've not said what hardware synths you want to control so it will be a bit hard for anybody to aim any suggestions your way!

I don't personally know of anything standalone but there has quite recently been a tool called Guru written for Renoise to handle control of external synths. Definitions for different synths are appearing slowly so there is a chance you would have to get your hands dirty, creating one for whatever hardware you own. It should work fine with the Renoise demo version though, so while not being FOSS it should still be free to use.

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/34760-new-tool-28-guru/

I'm sure there must be others too though...

Dale.