Re: [LAU] Any Linux distro with Jack and Pulseaudio working right?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 28 2012 - 23:19:36 EET

On Sun, October 28, 2012 1:50 pm, Paul Davis wrote:

>> There are some things that could happen to pulse that would make it work
>> lot better with Jack... when pulse finds out jack is taking away one of
>> it's hardware ports, it would be really nice if pulse transferred all
>> it's
>> settings for that port to the jack sink/source ports.
>

> i am not sure that the d-bus based reservation scheme identifies who is
> asking to take control. i could be wrong.

Ya, but if I loose a port and also get a jack-sink that says a lot too.
Pulse should be able when it detects jack-sink/source be looking for what
port is configured that it no longer has access to.

On the other hand, I would be happy if the jackbridge could be set as
default whenever it shows up and if the module that detects jack would at
least pass parameters to the two modules (source/sink) such as number of
channels and naming. If Pulse finds a port blocked that it is sending a
stream to, it could look for the new default and switch the stream there.

I wish my coding skills were at a place I could patch it.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net