Re: [LAU] Any Linux distro with Jack and Pulseaudio working right?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 28 2012 - 23:27:11 EET

On Mon, October 29, 2012 7:11 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> For what usage do you need pulseaudio?
>
> It might work for you OOTB using Ubuntu Studio Precise LTS or Quantal.
>
> On my machine pulseaudio always failed, IOW it doesn't work for Precise
> and Quantal too.
>
> Even if you like PA, you should reconsider to disable it for serious
> audio work.

Ralf, this advice is out of date.

On any distro you can install the jack-sink modules and PA will gracefully
reconnect to jack when jack is started.

Otherwise you can run "pulseaudio -k" from the commandline to temporarily
disable pulseaudio when you are running jack. In qjackctl this can be
added as a preliminary startup command in the preferences section.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd