Re: [LAU] Audio distro for a Macbook pro

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2012 - 18:23:59 EET

On 30/10/12 14:55, Paul Davis wrote:

ar I
> she'll get more done with OS X unless she is herself a natural tinkerer
> and/or has "odd" needs (e.g. academic electroacoustic music)

Alas, as far as I can tell from my very personal totally-non-scientific
survey, in _Italy_ so-called "academic electroacoustic music" is using
58% OSX, 41.9% Windows, 0.1% other OS.

Last year I did a linux audio seminar for non-linux pleople, and knowing
the above statistics in advance I searched for a live distro which would
run on macs, AVLinux proved the best, only problem I couldn't get wifi
to work. I must say that my requirement was to have a multimedia distro
ready to go and which would just run from a CD

Lorenzo.