Re: [LAU] debian wheezy vs pulseaudio vs jackdbus

From: Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2012 - 10:21:18 EET

2012/10/31 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>

> On 10/30/2012 07:55 PM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
>
>> 2012/10/30 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden <mailto:gnome@email-addr-hidden>>
>>

>> You can use Ubuntu repositories with Debian.
>>

>> I wonder what you use to resolve depedencies then...
>>
>> -r
>>

> I never used it for anything ambitious. Anything I've really needed,
> Debian has had. And I don't need anything unique to Ubuntu, such as the
> Unity interface.

indeed, there's no use in it and it is quite dangerous (euphemism here) and
you should not reccommend it to other users.

it's well known that the majority of ubuntu packages is taken from debian
unstable and, no matter how you try and how simple is your target,
installing unstable packages on testing or stable will result in a neverend
dependencies war - 100%.

regards
-r

--
*L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata
all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla