Re: [LAU] M-Audio fast track pro mic input fails with smaller buffer size

From: Parisson <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 01 2012 - 08:41:08 EET

Hi!

On 29/10/2012 21:31, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 10/29/2012 05:44 PM, Lewis Pike wrote:
>> There don't seem to be many Fast Track Pro users out there; in fact,
>> you're the only other person I've heard from thus far.
>
> http://joegiampaoli.blogspot.nl/2011/06/m-audio-fast-track-pro-for-debian-linux.html

I'm the commiter of the FTP driver in the Linux kernel. I know that the driver
is not perfect, but we, in my company, manage to get really good recording
performance even at ~4 ms latency.

Could you tell me what kind of setup you have (distro, kernel version, jack
version, etc..) ? Also do you use any special modprobe rules described in the
Joe's blog page above ?

cheers,
Yomguy