Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 00:25:11 EET

On November 6, 2012 01:23:15 PM Len Ovens wrote:
> On Mon, November 5, 2012 5:59 pm, cullenspub wrote:
> > Tim E. Real wrote
> >
> >> If it doesn't turn out to be lack of ALSA controls in his case, my guess
> >>
> >> off the top of my head would be control naming issues -
> >> textual ALSA changes in nature ... ?

> >> Yes thanks, try to post some kind of list of the available ALSA
> >> controls.
> >> What's that standard one that lists them all - is it amixer or alsactl
> >> or
> >> ...?
> >>
> >> Hopefully will reveal something.
> >
> > Tim,
> > I have attached the full list of of controls from alsactl asound.state
> > <http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n79158/asound.state> .
>
> Hey just found this little snip: (on
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-868710.html)
>
> -----------------------8<---------------------
> Found some help in
> http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.t
> xt. Added the following lines to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
>
> install snd-ice1712 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ice1712 && {
> /sbin/modprobe -Qb snd-ice1712 ; }
> options snd-ice1712 model=dsp24_value
>
> Just copied the --ignore-install stuff from other lines, without really
> understanding what all of that means.
>
> It seems the ice1712 driver might like to be started with a variable...

Great detective work! Thanks.
I noticed ALSA picked up your other message poster's AKM chips
 on the ADC/DAC2000.

So looks like I am way wrong about the H-bus stuff. ALSA should just work.
So I'll bow out now and let you guys try and work it out.

Contact me once you get Envy24/mudita24 working if any trouble.

Thanks. Tim.