Re: [LAU] Statement from RME regarding to Linux

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 14:50:45 EET

2012/11/14 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> The translation of [1] is very simple, THEY DON'T HELP CUSTOMERS USING
> LINUX. I should ask the Linux community for support.
>
> Hm? I paid RME, does RME pay the Linux community to do the support?
> Does RME give all the needed information, so that theoretically a driver
> could be written?

Excuse me, but what's the problem?

They basically wrote that they didn't write the drivers themselves and
hence cannot provide support for them. And since ALSA is the community
project that's in charge for the drivers, it's community that would be
providing support.

So hey, what's wrong with that logic? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org