Re: [LAU] hydrogen to sheet music?

From: renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2012 - 19:50:09 EET

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:36:27 +0100
Thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> hi Renato
>
> Have you tried to export your hydrogen song to midi first?

Hi Thijs, yes maybe I didn't say it, but I'm indeed exporting first to
midi in hydrogen.

Rosegarden can then read the file and export to lilypond... But for
the kind of flexibility I want it doesn't cut it, so I'm learning a
bit of music21 and hope to soon enough whip up a python script that
takes the midi exported by hydrogen and gives me the lilypond code just
the way I like it...

For the record, what I want is to have a sheet with many single line
staffs, since the parts are actually not of a standard drum kit but of a
percussion ensemble.
I'm in a brasilian percussions band and I want to be able to write
parts in hydrogen (which is unbeatable for writing and testing quick
mock-ups of new pieces) but then hand out the music sheets to my
fellow band mates - it would also be nice if they were then be able to
actually read those, but that's another story... (we're quite
amateurish, but hey we have loads of fun)

cheers,
renato