Re: [LAU] MP4 Video

From: Kaza Kore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 18 2012 - 16:32:45 EET

> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:45:01 -0500
> From: lau@email-addr-hidden
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: Re: [LAU] MP4 Video
>
> On 11/16/2012 07:56 PM, Ivan K wrote:

> > I assume that in addition to video software installation
> > I will need to install a codec to deal with the
> > proprietary MP4 format.
>
> In ubuntu it's just "apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras". I imagine there's an equivalent in fedora, but haven't used an RPM-based system in about 4 years. ffmpeg will handle mp4 files, but I don't know if that's what the video editors use. That's what I'd try first. If nothing else, installing it should pull in the appropriate dependencies.

Fedora wont include anything that is propriety or has such dependencies in their main repository. You have to add the RPM Fusion one, if you have not done so already.

http://rpmfusion.org/

Once you have added them (Free and Non-Free are both probably worth adding) you can install ffmpeg or whatever other codecs you might need.

Dale.