Re: [LAU] [Ardour-Users] Some retro doom metal for Halloween

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 11:00:33 EET

2012/10/31 Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>:
> A doom metal tune with a retro feel that a buddy and I worked up for
> Halloween -- sequenced and recorded in Ardour 3b5*, mixing and final
> mastering done with MixBus 2.2 with Jamin + LinuxDSP plugins (and some
> experimenting with the new "Essentials" plugins for MixBus)
>
> https://soundcloud.com/brett-mccoy/alhazred-dead-before-dawn
>
> *vocals & bass were recorded on a Mac with GarageBand
>
> --
> Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com

Hello Brett.

Interesting intro with those reverse voices and a that theme with
guitars, a nice mix and good metal overall.

I would suggest to check the levels on cymbals - maybe try to compress
them to have a consistent volume (there is one or two in particular
that you can hear clearly every time it's crashed over the rest of the
mix).

Thanks for sharing.
Grestings.

--