Re: [LAU] question about qjackctl explicitly setting the wm class name

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2012 - 21:39:15 EET

On 11/30/2012 06:17 AM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>> Another completely unrelated qjackctl wishlist question is would it be
>> possible to disable popping up message window and the pop-up error
>> window in the event the qjackctl does not connect successfully connect
>> to jackd via a preferences option as it can be quite annoying for new
>> users to click through those two windows every time attempted start of
>> jackd fails...
>
> two windows? that's unity snafu's most certainly o.O there should be
> only one, either a bubble window (if the systray icon is enabled) *or* a
> plain standard message-box window.

Unity has problems with applications that open multiple windows,
particularly when each window has its own separate menu bar. Unity can
get very confused as to which window's menu it should display on Unity's
single common menu bar. Sometimes it won't change the common menu bar
when an application opens a subwindow. Sometimes it will, then sometimes
not change it back until the subwindow is closed.

That's my guess based on our limited experience here with Unity. YMMV.
We found it simplest to replace Unity with a more mature desktop
environment.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden