Re: [LAU] Portable/Touch devices Linux friendly

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2012 - 11:04:56 EET

On 11/30/2012 06:47 AM, Paul DeShaw wrote:
> Have you seen the ZaTaB (http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html )? Open
> bootloader, made for hacking.

At the moment, I'm not interested in hacking. I'm willing to root
another vendors product if I need to. ;-)

> I haven't seen one in person.

I've looked at it, haven't seen one in person. I'm disappointed with the
low resolution and the weak processor compared to the Kindle Fire HD or
the Nook HD+ 9 tablets. Both of those tablets can be rooted and have
full-blown Android installed on them. I like the storage expansion slot,
just wish it didn't use MicroSD - have had no luck using SD cards, micro
or full size, for reliability. I wonder if standard USB external card
readers work with such tablets?

Anyway, thanks for the reminder. Any of them might make useful control
surfaces, yes?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden