Re: [LAU] [ANN] Vee One Suite 0.2.0 - The second public release

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2012 - 16:08:49 EET

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 09:18 AM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>>> One question.
>>>
>>> Whenever starting samplv1_jack, the "Open Sample"-dialogue shows up,
>>> regardless of whether I do or don't give a preset file on the command
>>> line,
>>> regardless of whether the preset file does or does not point to a sample.
>>>
>>> Pressing "Cancel" closes the dialogue and brings up the main window,
>>> with everything working as expected.
>>> Selecting a sample and pressing "Open" does the same, the selection
>>> done has no effect. (Whichever sample was part of the preset, if any,
>>> is the one that gets loaded.)
>>>
>>> To me, this doesn't look like a feature, but I may be missing something.
>>>

>> you're right. the "open sample" dialog appears even though a preset file
>> is given on the command line.
>>
>> that's an overzealous annoyance bug specially on a jack-session reload
>> situation. the dialog should only appear iif there's no sample file
>> loaded yet.

That's not how it behaves now (after the fix).
Now the dialogue does not appear whenever a preset is given, regardless
of whether the preset does or does not point to a sample.

Don't take this as a complaint, quite the opposite, I was a little relieved
to see it behaves as it does.
I use bash to automagically add applications to a session upon request,
with a template providing *.samplv1 files. Would the dialogue appear in all
cases where no sample is loaded, I'd have to add some little dummy sample
to the template's preset, which wouldn't be of any use workflow-wise.

> fixed on svn trunk (aka. v0.2.0.1+)

Excellent, thanks.