Re: [LAU] 23 new dronings

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 06 2012 - 18:41:18 EET

Yeah, I like this one too, I think it is very cosmic. And it is made
algorithmically, unlike most earlier tracks, because by that time I wrote a
tool for that in Pure Data.

As for range of frequencies, I guess it is a time when I began exploring
less minimal forms of droning. But what I like about earlier tracks is that
they are so uncompromising. Simple, ultra-minimalistic and very static. I
do insert such static works from time to time today as well.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm listening to 055 right now and really like it. Has a wider range of
> frequencies than many of the earlier tracks, for one thing. Also, it sounds
> more like a composition someone made (vs some algorithmic machine running a
> program).
>
> Nice sounds to work by!
>

> On 11/30/2012 09:19 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
>
>> I am always curious to know which ones people favor the most. I am happy
>> to report that
>> tastes differ so much that I know people who like even the most bizarre
>> tunes, which I
>> thought nobody would enjoy. For instance, I am very happy one of the
>> listeners liked 136.
>> It is a very special tune for me, I think it creates a very thoughtful
>> and even sad feeling and
>> keeps you in it, but I can imagine not many people would find themselves
>> on the same
>> tone with me here.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM, david wrote:
>>
>> On 11/30/2012 12:08 AM, wes schreiner wrote:
>>
>> I've listened to all 192, some multiple times. Of the recent
>> batch I
>> like droning191. Of the older pieces I like droning041 the most.
>> More
>> dark sounds with heavy rumble bass, please!
>>

>> And I like 152 and 153 the most so far, but there were some before
>> 013 that I liked, too.
>>

> --
> David
> gnome@email-addr-hidden