Re: [LAU] Connect to jackd with a different user?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 16:46:15 EET

On Wed, December 12, 2012 10:36 pm, Paul Davis wrote:
> no. JACK by default only allows connections from clients started by the
> same UID that started the server.

I ran into the same problem the other day when trying to connect to a
running jack session from a different user on a different DISPLAY
(terminal session) on the same host.

I looked at using netjack for the connection but neither the master or the
slave could see each other which could just be user error on my part.

Just checking now and it seems that "promiscuous" mode was intended for
this use case.

Hard to find an example for this online though. Google doesn't through up
anything obvious and the FAQ doesn't have anything either. Can't see
anything in the MAN page either.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd