Re: [LAU] sfz convert / tools

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 21:23:22 EET

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> What are the experiences with Translator Pro
> http://www.chickensys.com/products/sw_iteminfo.php?sw_name=Translator+Pro ?
>
> Afaik, it does convert to a Windows way of pointing to the path of the
> sample, e.g. \ versus /. Are there tools / scripts for converting
> these file to a file which works on unix?
>
> Which sfz (conversion) tools are available?

I have bought Chicken Systems Translator Pro. Never again will I deal
with the chicken.

It is the most crash-prone Windows program I've ever seen sold as a
retail product. Clicking on almost anything causes it to crash hard.
Their tech support is totally useless.

I bought it because it's supposed to able to mount and work with Akai
volumes from Windows, but it's so unstable that in reality you can
hardly get any actual work done with it. This is pre-alpha software
being sold for money -- avoid!

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky