Re: [LAU] OT: Durable headphones

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 23:45:34 EET

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 13:16 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> I've had trouble with loud playing musicians wanting K-240 volumes
> loud enough to overcome their amps, which they insist must be right
> next to them. On the way in or out of a recording session they're
> likely to set that amp down on the K-240s, or roll a chair over them.
>
> So... K-55s (closed) and K-66s (open) became what musicians got
> during tracking. I reserve the K-240s for myself as one compare
> point during mixing.
>
> Of course, all of those models are obsolete. But, I'd suggest that
> the idea to have "good" and "loaner" models is still valid.
>
> G'luck....

I read and flagged all mails, but won't reply now to all mails, thank
you everybody.

My K 240 DF still is ok, it's just that I read that AKG won't produce it
any more.

I need it at home, a rental flat with neighbours ;).

During the day I sometimes can use monitors and to mix music I use two
pairs of speakers + headphones, but at night I can't use speakers and
even during the day I can't use monitors all the times.

Loudness of amps isn't an issue, crosstalk when singing into a
microphone isn't an issue either, so I prefer semi-open.

Regards,
Ralf