Re: [LAU] [OT]: Heritage [WAS] Re: musicmadewithlinux: Mozart Symphony #40

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2012 - 15:26:01 EET

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 12:54 +0000, Neil C Smith wrote:
> Things that are not preservable, and eventually evolve or fade away -
> and a good thing too, as that's how culture moves forward.

Correct and it doesn't mean that we don't respect or we'll forget our
roots.

Will anybody who worship Walter Gropius, live in Gropiusstadt?

http://www.google.de/search?q=gropiusstadt&hl=de&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QmrQUOnMJI_DtAaDi4DQCw&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=729

Tem­pi pas­sa­ti!

Don't get me wrong, if I would watch an opera, I don't like stagings
where an old story is adapted to modern times regarding to costumes and
set design. Any heterosexual man who wants to see the chubby opera
singer in a leather mini and fishnets? That's simply bad taste, she
could look cute, wearing clothes that fit to her. Are aesthetics gone?
OTOH it's good that Karajan and Bernstein aren't making music any more
and we get new interpretation of the music. They also didn't preserve
the "original" music, but coloured it and I don't like to hear their
style again and again and again.

Just my taste.

Regards,
Ralf