[LAU] Pops when starting/stopping audio stream

From: Asa Marco <aesir.ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2012 - 14:59:26 EET

Hi everyone,
already once in theater we had a problem with disturbing pops when an
audio stream was stopped or started from PC, that disappeared by using
an Edirol UA25EX as interface.

Now I notice that this problem afflicts also my laptop (either with
JACK or ALSA) and I really would like to get rid of it.

Is the crappy internal soundcard (Intel, chip Realtek
ALC269) the only one to blame? What could cause these pops?

Is there any way to deal with it at software level?

Thanks!

--
Marco