Re: [LAU] Ravenna

From: Moshe Werner <moshwe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2012 - 23:02:18 EET

I see.
I thought that Ravenna interfaces (e.g. the Horus from Mergings)would be
able to interact with a computer without any other audio interface,
and so if it would be open there would be no problem standing in the way
for Linux compatible drivers.
Too bad really as I was getting excited that in the near future there would
be no hardware limits for Linux users.

>Non sequitur. You have all interfaces running stable on linux with
>products from at least two different manufacturers. If you want to get
>your work done. nothing stands in your way.

I feel a bit different about this.
Yes I'm getting work done nicely, RME 9652 works like a charm.
But there is a certain bummer in not being able to choose from the variety
that's out there today. (Price, performance etc.)

Obviously my understanding of drivers is not so good, that's also the
reason I asked.

Thanks for the elaboration.

Best Regards
Moshe