Re: [LAU] Ravenna

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 21 2012 - 03:30:02 EET

On Thu, December 20, 2012 4:56 am, Moshe Werner wrote:
> Have been reading about this lately.
> Anyone knows what the state is regarding Linux audio and Ravenna?
>
> http://ravenna.alcnetworx.com/technology/about-ravenna.html
>
> Would be very interesting as it's open technology standard.

I looked at the web page... it looks rather pie in the sky-ish lots of
"will be" kinds of language. There are holding companies out there looking
for stuff to make money off of. Asking people for ideas that they then
patent and sell. It says open... but part of it will not be. Someone has
an idea, but no idea how to do it. They are hoping someone will do it for
them. Then they will market it and make money. Because it is to be open...
there is no need to pay the developer :)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net