Re: [LAU] Recommended soundcard

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2012 - 16:03:31 EET

On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 13:20 +0100, Florian Hanisch wrote:
> I tested the quality of signals with SuperCollider, I
> basically got the quality which is also obtained using RME's driver on
> a mac.

@ Florian:
Does Linux support EVERYTHING of your RME card? If you shouldn't have
tested EVERYTHING, please let the OP know what features of the card you
do use.

@ the OP:
Usually it's possible to give the gear back and to get the money back,
if it shouldn't work. Ask your dealer.
Beyond that it's common that professional gear can be tested, seldom by
small business clients, but you should ask. In Germany there btw. is a
law that you can give back things you ordered by the Internet, even
after testing the equipment.

By "testing" I mean real usage, but running test e.g.
jack_midi_latency_test might be helpful too, this already could show
you, if there should be something fishy with the combination of your
mobo and the audio card.

It was my mistake, that I did not "completely test" = use my card, when
I bought it. I was busy and it took a year, before I had the time to use
the card.

Regards,
Ralf