Re: [LAU] LMMS Jack support

From: S C Rigler <riglersc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 29 2012 - 15:34:05 EET

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM, renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 18:03:32 -0500
> Jose Miguel Vega Lopez <jmiguelv24@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your attention Renato, i will explain myself better. I am
>> using LMMS with Jack and a low lattency Kernel (i use qjackctl to
>> control jack) the problem that i have is that the cpu usage when
>> using LMMS is very high and i get glitches on the audio. On the other
>> hand when i use Renoise the cpu usage is very good, why????
>>

> ah, so it seems a problem with LMMS. I don't use it so I'm not able to
> help... you probably will have better luck if you use LMMS' support
> (don't know if they have a mailing list, irc channel or what). Also
> you'll probably need to specify more detail, like details on your
> system, what you're doing when it locks the CPU and so on
>
> best of luck ;)
> renato

There was quite a bit of discussion on the LMMS Users mailing list and
on linuxmusicians.com. I would paste links here but there are just so
many out there that can be found from a Google search.

The discussion I remember the most was towards the end of 2009 when
was 0.4.6 released and the general response was that Jack support was
not a priority but you're welcome to submit patches.

--Steve