Re: [LAU] Mixbus v2 for $40

From: John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2012 - 04:49:36 EET

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:58:51 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> > > I also grabbed a copy of ArdourXchange, given that I have one
> > > Pro-Tools project done by a friend that might be nice to import.
> >
> > I have not been able to get ArdourXChange to work under
> > Wine. Have you?
>
> I didn't try it. Instead of Wine, I use CrossOver from
> CodeWeavers. I know it's basically the same, but it seems to
> have fewer bugs and it seems to install what I need well. Also,
> I've got GREAT service from CodeWeavers over the years, and want
> to reward them with my business. I like the idea of supporting
> open source projects and companies that support open source
> projects. Hmm, maybe I'd better support Harrison? Oh! I just
> did. ;-)

So do/did I. Do you have Pianoteq? It's the sort of application
that I'd just have to try in Windows - if there wasn't a Linux version.

The 'Stage' version is reasonable at €99 http://www.pianoteq.com

I like everything about it really. The dedication to model instruments
so closely, the UI's configurable size just makes it easier for me to
see and use on a large screen. There are a few very fine Linux audio
programs which I do find difficult to use (without leaning forward
from my comfortable chair :))... It has been my first choice for a
quick source of music into my developing (currently hdsp_9652*2) system.

--
John.