Re: [LAU] Dual Delta Setup

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2012 - 01:33:51 EET

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 07:27:11PM +0000, Ben Bell wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 02:46:11PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > You could try zita-a2j instead of alsa-in. On my old 2G P4 machine
> > adding 8 channels that way takes 10% CPU. Sound quality is vastly
> > better than alsa-in.
>
> It's a vast improvement in terms of CPU usage. About 6% cpu vs about 24%.

I *could* add a no-resample option, to be used only if the cards
have the same sample clock... Would probably reduce CPU use to
less than 1%.

But normally in that case you don't need a2j or j2a, the
ALSA layer should be able to handle it by merging the two
cards, and without any added latency as not only the sample
clocks but also the periods would be synchronized.

I've no idea why this fails as you mentioned in the
message that started this thread.

Ciao,

--
FA