Re: [LAU] asoundrc questions

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2013 - 20:24:18 EET

On Mon, December 31, 2012 7:07 pm, John Murphy wrote:

> The "unwanted card" is hdmi sound on my graphics card and I don't
> know if I can disable it. That may be a workaround if I can...

I wanted my d66 to be hd:0.

I have three cards:
internal ac97
PCI ensoniq (used only for the midi port)
D66

Normally I can disable the ac97 card in bios, but right now I have been
testing things with it. In any case normally I have the two cards. They
both use different drivers, so it is easy to determine which is hw:0.
I went to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and found a lot of lines like:

options snd-usb-ua101 index=-2

The -2 means load this module after all the others are done. So I added a
line:

options snd-ens1370 index=-2
now my ice1712 always ends up as hw:0

This trick does not work if two cards use the same driver. So try an lsmod
and look for *snd* modules that have non rme things in them. Once you find
the base driver for the hdmi, you can either load it last (as above) or
black list so it never loads at all.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net