Re: [LAU] Ensoniq ASR-10 Boot Disk Required

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 07 2013 - 10:07:30 EET

On 01/06/2013 01:24 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM, david wrote:
>
>> I think his concern with USB floppy drives was that it might not be possible
>> to write non-standard floppy formats over USB, since some of the
>> non-standard formats require changing settings in the floppy drive
>> controller itself.
>
> Hmmm, that's clearly beyond my expertise :)

Mine, too. I remember alternative disk-at-once ways of writing 1.8 or
2MB to a 1.44MB floppy ... we thought that was a height of geekness,
squeezing in those extra kilobytes ... guess I'm old or something.

>> I don't know how much they cost now.
>
> There are $12 units, there are $180 units. Depends on the brand.

Probably the same basic hardware beneath them all. I think the Sony
external drive we have added about $100 to the total price of her old
system. ;-)

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden