Re: [LAU] [OT] Open Source Portable Recorder?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2013 - 23:24:22 EET

On Wed, January 9, 2013 9:39 am, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:

>> If you really want to hack from scratch... here is a starting point:
>>
>> http://compulab.co.il/products/computer-on-modules/cm-itc/?gclid=CJ3q9tmv2rQCFal_Qgodu2IArw#overview
>> http://compulab.co.il/products/sbcs/sbc-x300/#overview
>> http://compulab.co.il/products/computer-on-modules/cm-t3730/
>> plus this:
>> http://compulab.co.il/products/handheld-computers/em-t3730/
>>
>> Gives you the whole unit minus case, touch screen and everything. I
>> think
>> it is basically a smart phone.
>>

> All of those links made me think of Raspberry Pi,
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/ - maybe it, too could fit this purpose?

Similar price point, but no Audio in. On the other hand, The "mic" in on
the other boards is probably pretty noisy anyway and almost any cheap
USB1.1 audio IF would have stereo in and better noise floor. No display...
I don't think it would suit the purpose to lug a monitor, keyboard and
mouse around... So there may be some extra costs for that too.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net