Re: [LAU] [OT] Open Source Portable Recorder?

From: Karl Hammar <karl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2013 - 02:29:22 EET

Johannes Kroll:
> Ok, if there were such a project already I guess one of you would
> know. I also found nothing on the web so there probably is none. But

Perhaps something like

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2009-November/024713.html

I'm going forward with it in a kind of glacial pace.
Have a look at:

http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/openhw/arm_mcu/
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/openhw/libarm/

> A development board like the stellaris launchpad could be a good
> starting point for a prototype. It has an 80 MHz ARM CPU with floating
> point, a few KB of RAM, some flash storage for code, and the ADCs
> should be perfectly ok for audio. It's only 13 US$, and I have a
> couple of them here.
> http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/stellaris_head.html?DCMP=stellaris-launchpad&HQS=stellaris-launchpad

Yes, but if you want something open source, where do you have any
suitable libs for stellaris?
There is preliminary support in http://libopencm3.org/ (under lm3s)
but I don't think it is ready for prime time.

> The DSO nano quad is an open source oscilloscope with 2 analog inputs
> with more bandwidth than any audio recorder would need:
> http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/dso-quad-4-channel-digital-storage-oscilloscope-p-736.html

It uses a STM32F103VCT6:

 http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00191185.pdf

It should be doable to design something around that.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar