Re: [LAU] Sound Devices USBPre2, UAC2 status

From: <shal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2013 - 23:30:40 EET

----- Mail original -----

I have tried different kernel, 3.2 to 3.7.1, vanilla or ubuntu kernel.

The lsusb does not means that you are limited to 48000.

The lsusb provides the "devices descriptor" and a devices descriptors has one or more "configuration descriptor". The kernel chooses one of the "configuration descriptor".
In your device descriptor (provided directly by the device) there is two possibles configuration descriptons (the bNumConfigurations=2). The first one corresponds to the UAC1 mode in high-speed (this is my one configuration) and so limited to 48000. The second one is the UAC2 mode (the expected mode).

Perhaps the kernel choose the fist good one, so UAC1 .

Can you send the result of cat /proc/asound/USBPre2/stream0 ?

Olivier