Re: [LAU] LAM: A new work in progress.. (Julien Claassen)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2013 - 05:48:21 EET

On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 16:20 -0200, fls@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hi Julien and folks
>
> There is an old trick to help to "tune" vocals. You replicate your vocal
> track twice. In one of the copies you add a LADSPA Rubberband pitchshift
> with +5% and to the other you add the same plugin with -5%. Mix these
> untunned channels with a low volume, like 20% of the original one.
>
> How this workaround help? Once that you try to reach a note, you have 3
> chances to it. Our earing will listen only the right one. Normally 5% of
> pitchshifting is enought to correct small mistakes. Take care to not put
> the replicas too loud.

Ouch! The above will cause some kind of chorus effect that isn't wanted
for every song, perhaps
http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/zita-at1-doc/quickguide.html
does work, I don't use auto-tuners myself, so I don't know. However,
this might be a case when auto-tune is useful, I didn't listen to the
recording.

Hth,
Ralf