Re: [LAU] ffmpeg or libav

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 13 2013 - 12:00:10 EET

On Sunday 13 January 2013 09:13:55 Dan MacDonald wrote:
> In all three of these examples it wasn't the fault of the Debian

I hope that nobody reads my comments as an attack to Debian. Several Debian
maintainers are my friends, and I am very grateful to the Debian users and
developers that contribute to my little software projects. I think that there
is still hope for Debian. Even the Soviet Union had a Perestroika! :-) I'm
kidding.

Fedora is another distro replacing CDRecord by Wodim, and not offering the
users an option. OpenSUSE did the same in the past but they have rectified,
and now offer both packages so the users can decide by themselves. Shame on
Fedora and Red Hat!

Regards,
Pedro