Re: [LAU] ffmpeg or libav

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jan 13 2013 - 17:40:45 EET

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 16:17:23 +0100, Paul Davis
<paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> now, if you wish to be suitably idealist, you could suggest that we
> really want copyright law to be replaced by copyleft, with similar
> powers of enforcement. RMS did acknowledge early on that although this
> might be the best possible arrangement (at least vis-a-vis software),
> that it was not likely to happen in any foreseeable time.

In Europe the Pirate Party or a successor that hopefully is better, might
have better chances, than in the USA. Europe isn't that old-line as the
USA are. It's not foreseeable when we will get laws for the whole planet,
but IMO there's progress in some areas. Even regress sometimes could be a
catalyst for progress in the nearest future.

Regards,
Ralf

--
FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64